Monday, May 31, 2010

CD Release Party and the Start of Summer Tour!



Photo by Richard Parsons

Banjolicious had a GREAT CD release party at Twain's bar in Decatur. I was joined onstage by some amazing Atlanta talents: Will Robertson (upright bass, vocals), Matt Phillips (mandolin, cornet, tenor guitar), and Rhett McAllister (guitar, keyboard, vocals). It was great to see so many friends come and show their support for us and my new album, "A Year and Some Change." If you haven't gotten yours yet, there are several ways to get one:
CDbaby.com (It'll be listed there soon), Decatur CD (exclusive Atlanta retailer), and through me directly. Here are some shots my cousin, Stephanie took at the show:







My summer tour of puppet shows kicked off this past weekend with three shows in Orlando, FL. On Saturday, I had the pleasure of performing two shows of "Billy Goats Gruff and Other Stuff" at Pinocchio's Marionette Theatre. On Sunday, I performed a rather soggy version of the same show to a drenched audience at the Orlando Fringe Festival. Thankfully, puppets and audience members were sheltered by tents, but rain can be very determined when it wants to be. As if the weather acted out of irony, the monsoon-ish rain began just as my show started and cleared up just in time for me to load my gear into my van. During the storm, I performed to a "captive" audience. They weren't going anywhere as their tent was the only dry place on the grounds.








1 comment: